2 months after Elon Musked announced on twitter that the 1000km is possible with an electric vehicle Tesla Model S 100D, Tesla Owners Italy (Ticino-San Marino) managed to set a world record of 1078 kilometers (669.83 miles) on a single charge (on On August 3, 2017). This is also the first time an EV managed to pass the 1.000 kilometers milestone on a single charge. Read more below for Electric Car Range Records August 2017.
- The average speed was 40 km/h (25 mph)
- Average consumption was 91 Wh per km, in total using 98.4 kWh.
Our selection of top 10 electric cars and their records:
- Tesla Model S: 1078 kilometers (669.83 miles)
- Nissan LEAF: 205 kilometers (127 miles)
- BMW i3: 200 kilometers (124 miles)
- Mercedes B-Class Electric: 140 kilometers (87 miles)
- Renault Zoe: 140 kilometers (87 miles)
- Chevy Spark EV: 132 kilometers (82 miles)
- VW e-Golf: 177 kilometers (110 miles)
- Kia Soul EV: 150 kilometers (93 miles)
- Ford Focus Electric: 185 kilometers (115 miles)
- Fiat 500e: 143 kilometers (89 miles)